[Samba] objectClass:posixAccount missing

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Sat Aug 31 09:35:09 MDT 2013

Al 31/08/13 15:23, En/na steve ha escrit:
> On Sat, 2013-08-31 at 11:47 +0200, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
>>
>> Am 31.08.2013 00:14, schrieb Luca Olivetti:
>>> I'm not still 100% convinced that I need to migrate from samba 3 to
>>> samba 4, and once I am I have to explain it to my boss.
>>

>> Samba 4 != AD only
>
> Hi
> I think the OP realises that. His main concern and problem was the usual
> confusion with winbind and the mystery surrounding rfc2307 and it's
> representation in and out of of AD.

Actually, my main concern is ensuring a smooth migration with limited
downtime. I think I have the windows machine covered (that's what the
classicupgrade does), but I have several other services authenticating
against ldap and getting users and groups information from it.
They all should work equally well against an AD style LDAP and
"standard" LDAP, but, as always, the devil is in the details.
Yes, I could probably run it as an NT style domain, and I don't exclude
the possibility, but while I'm at it I'd really like to simplify things
instead of having to manage separate samba+ldap+dns servers.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es