[Samba] Where is the DLZ zone file with the bind dns backend?

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Sat Aug 31 09:08:04 MDT 2013

Am 31.08.2013 13:58, schrieb Sense Zeng:
> I hope to manual edit the zone file, like adding an A host record. I test
> the bind backend was wish it has a DLZ zone file like the nomal bind zone
> file. But it's the ldb file. It seems I‘d use samba-tool. Thx.

Yes, you need to use samba-tool for doing changes. But you can script
around it. An other way would be editing the ldb file. But I won't do
that, if I have a tool like samba-tool for doing changes.

Here I put a HowTo about working with Samba AD DNS:
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/DNS_Administration

Regards,
Marc