[Samba] objectClass:posixAccount missing

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 30 14:37:40 MDT 2013

On 30/08/13 21:28, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Al 30/08/13 22:18, En/na Rowland Penny ha escrit:
>
>> The reason why I suggested that you try another distro is that, as far
>> as I can see, nobody else uses Mageia on this list, at least nobody came
>> forward offering help. If you had tried another distro like Ubuntu then
>> other Ubuntu users could have helped from their experience.
> I understand that and I appreciate the time you took to help me, but I
> still prefer to stumble and learn by myself instead of just copypasting
> a recipe that's known working on distribution X. Because when
> distribution X+1 comes along and things break I would be none the wiser.
Ah, but if you had tried it on another distro and it worked, you would
then know that it was not what you were doing that was at fault and that
something was wrong on Mageia, but as you say, you got there in the end.
I am also sure that you are feeling a lot better now that you have fixed
the problem.

>> I take it that everything is now working ok and you can see all your
>> users, if so, I suggest you write up how you did it and get it published
>> somewhere.
> Actually both the configuration proposed by steve and yours were OK. The
> only problem was the hostname mismatch (causing the "server not found in
> kerberos database" error) and then a faulty cyrus-sasl library.
> I already filed a bug against the cyrus-sasl library in mageia.
Typical Unix, there is always several ways to do the same thing ;-)

Rowland