[Samba] objectClass:posixAccount missing

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 30 14:18:33 MDT 2013

On 30/08/13 21:10, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Al 30/08/13 21:53, En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
>> Al 30/08/13 21:49, En/na steve ha escrit:
>>> Bueno. Algo es algo, pero todavía nos falta los atributos procedentes de
>>> AD.
>>> Saludos,
>> Ya, el SIGSEV parece que sea debido a un problema con cyrus-sasl-2.1.25
>>
>> (for the non Spanish speaking audience: it seems that cyrus-sasl-2.1.25
>> has a problem in gssapi.c causing a segfault)
>>
>> http://www.spinics.net/lists/cyrus-sasl/msg02004.html
>>
>> I'll try to build a version with the fix
> Did it an it worked.
>
> Lessons learned:
>
> - make sure that the hostname is the same as the netbios name (or is
> there a parameter to make it work when they are different?)
>
> - don't listen to people suggesting to switch distributions (I know how
> to debug/build things with mageia, I wouldn't know where to start with
> another one)
The reason why I suggested that you try another distro is that, as far
as I can see, nobody else uses Mageia on this list, at least nobody came
forward offering help. If you had tried another distro like Ubuntu then
other Ubuntu users could have helped from their experience.

I take it that everything is now working ok and you can see all your
users, if so, I suggest you write up how you did it and get it published
somewhere.

Rowland