[Samba] objectClass:posixAccount missing

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri Aug 30 11:52:17 MDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-08-30 at 19:30 +0200, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Al 30/08/13 19:00, En/na Rowland Penny ha escrit:
>

> > The above was taken from:
> > https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4/OS_Requirements#Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_or_CentOS
>
> Yes, I read the wiki before starting, I have all the dependencies installed
>

> > Check that you have all the above installed and if not, install what
> > ever is missing and recompile samba 4
> > Also, it may help if you try another OS, no disrespect, but Mageia is
> > not really what I would call a server distro and is probably not used by
> > many people to run samba 4 on, so you will struggle to get precise help
> > here (ducks as thousands of people reply saying I use Mageia ;-) )
>
> Thank you, but I will do with generic help, I can perform the necessary
> "translations". I tried other distributions and I found them lacking
> (probably because I'm just used to mageia), usually the server packages
> in mageia (and mandriva before it) have been top notch, samba 4 is not
> packaged (yet) but it will be soon.

Just thinking out loud but there have been problems with nslcd and I
think winbind too before this. I don't know if this be possible and I
know that the devs would frown upon it, but maybe we've reached the time
for a rebuild over bare metal. Rowlands suggestion of a recompile gets a
+1 from me.
Cheers,
Steve