[Samba] ntlm_auth with custom UPN suffix

Nuno Marques nmm at ul.pt
Fri Aug 30 09:55:55 MDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to authenticate on the command line like this:

ntlm_auth --username=nmm --domain=upn.domain.com

The result is: NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER: No such user (0xc0000064)

The upn.domain.com is not a domain, but an Alternative UPN suffix
configured on Active Directory.
The user has the upn.domain.com as logon domain, but the domain on the
pre-windows 2000 field is the real domain, and I can't change that.

When using a real domain, everything works as expected.

Is this a known limitation of Samba or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Nuno Marques