[Samba] DNS managment error

Antun Horvat antun.horvat at radio101.hr
Wed Aug 28 08:52:49 MDT 2013

Hello again,

I wanted to notify everybody that I managed to overcome this problem.
The issue was that CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=ForestDnsZones,... branch was
missing because
the Forest was operating in Windows 2000 native functional level.
The thing that I did was, transfer all FSMO roles back to Windows 2003
server plugged off Samba servers, cleaned Samba server metadata and then
raised the level of the domain to Windows 2003 Native.
Then in the DNS tool I configured forest wide zone replication.
Then i did fresh install of Samba on Linux servers and joined the them
to the domain.

When I was sure that all changes are being replicated across all domain
controllers, I transfered all FSMO roles
back to one Linux server and unplugged Windows 2003 from the network.

Now I have full access to DNS services and all other levels of Domain
are functional.

To be exact, I still have some minor issues such as long logon times ,
but soon I will resolve them to.

All best,
Antun