[Samba] objectClass:posixAccount missing

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 28 02:15:24 MDT 2013

On 27/08/13 23:06, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Al 27/08/13 23:02, En/na Rowland Penny ha escrit:
>
>> If nslcd needs the posix objectclasses, then that is their bug, windows
>> does not use them so Samba 4 doesn't either.
> I wouldn't be so sure, since many (all?) of the attributes specified by
> rfc2307 are not needed by windows but are there for compatibility with unix.
> I don't know what a real windows server does, but it seems it can work
> with nslcd, see, e.g., here
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ADWin2k8KerberosLDAP
>
> "This document has been tested on Windows Server 2008 and Ubuntu 10.04."
>

> Bye
If nslcd wants to work with AD, it has to play by AD rules, and AD does
not use the posix objectclasses. If you want proof of this, create a
user with samba-tool, go to a windows pc with ADUC and add the posix
attributes. Now go back to the samba4 AD DC and examine the users DN,
you will not find the posix objectclasses, but you will find uidNumber etc.

Rowland