[Samba] objectClass:posixAccount missing

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Tue Aug 27 16:06:39 MDT 2013

Al 27/08/13 23:02, En/na Rowland Penny ha escrit:

> If nslcd needs the posix objectclasses, then that is their bug, windows
> does not use them so Samba 4 doesn't either.

I wouldn't be so sure, since many (all?) of the attributes specified by
rfc2307 are not needed by windows but are there for compatibility with unix.
I don't know what a real windows server does, but it seems it can work
with nslcd, see, e.g., here

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ADWin2k8KerberosLDAP

"This document has been tested on Windows Server 2008 and Ubuntu 10.04."

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es