[Samba] OpenSSH auth in SAMBA4 LDAP

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Mon Aug 26 16:28:46 MDT 2013

Al 26/08/13 22:54, En/na steve ha escrit:
> On Mon, 2013-08-26 at 20:12 +0200, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>> Al 26/08/13 19:09, En/na Marc Muehlfeld ha escrit:
>>
>>> - Now you should be able to see all accounts (the local and domain
>>> accounts), when you type
>>>   # getent passwd
>>
>> I tried it on a test VM, but it only showed accounts migrated from samba
>> 3+ldap (since they have the posix attributes), new users/groups added
>> via samba-tool or windows didn't appear.
>>
> Hi
> You add the attributes yourself when you create the user:
>
> samba-tool user add luca --uid-number=1234567 --gid-number=45678
> --home-directory=/some/place --login-shell=/bin/bash

"samba-tool user add: error: no such option --uid-number"
(this is from samba 4.0.8)

But even if it worked it could be an option if it was me managing the
users/groups (though I'm not keen on manually keeping track of uids when
currently "ldap account manager" does it for me), unfortunately I have
to delegate that function to somebody less technically inclined (and
even with LAM they managed to do some bad things).
I tried ADUC (again, in a test VM joined to the domain), which could be
suitable, but I couldn't see any unix tab (and if I have to manually
assign uids/gids there it's not an option).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es