[Samba] OpenSSH auth in SAMBA4 LDAP

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Mon Aug 26 16:11:01 MDT 2013

Al 26/08/13 20:28, En/na Marc Muehlfeld ha escrit:

> Am 26.08.2013 20:12, schrieb Luca Olivetti:
>>> - Now you should be able to see all accounts (the local and domain
>>> accounts), when you type
>>>    # getent passwd
>>
>> I tried it on a test VM, but it only showed accounts migrated from samba
>> 3+ldap (since they have the posix attributes), new users/groups added
>> via samba-tool or windows didn't appear.
>
> Of course this would only work if you have posix information in your
> directory.

The problem is, how do I get the posix information into samba4? With
samba 3 I could manage users and groups with ldap account manager and
they got both samba and posix attributes. Another nice thing is that I
could script the creation of home directory, mailbox, etc.
I though that samba 4 allowed me to do the same, but with windows
administrative client (ADUC?)

> If you don't want to manage them in AD, you can use winbind or sssd. But
> there you have other requirements (machine joined to domain, kerberos,
> ...).

I'd like to avoid winbind if at all possible

Bye

--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es