[Samba] issue with multiple Samba DC and uid/gid assignment.

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 25 09:31:00 MDT 2013

On 25/08/13 16:16, dahopkins at comcast.net wrote:
> > Hello, I am not surprised that you are getting different uids &
> gids, you do not seem to have anything in smb.conf to pull the
> uidNumber & gidNumber from the AD server, unless you are using > sssd.
>
> > You can either use Steve's original nlscd setup, or install sssd or
> use winbind. If you use winbind you require something like this in
> smb.conf:
>
> I used the nslcd approach on one of the samba4 domain controllers, got
> tickets and now smbclient fails with
>
> # smbclient -k -L ncssamba1
> session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_SERVER_STATE
>
> I also can't log onto my Windows 2008R2 either now. I get access
> denied.  Definitely worried now.
>
> Dave

Hi, Where does Windows 2008R2 fit into this setup, is it in the same
domain? is it the primary AD server?

I would suggest that you read Steve's site a bit more but this time
about sssd.
I would also suggest that you just use the Samba 4 DCs just for
authentication and use the Samba fileservers to store the profiles etc.
You would then not need anything but the basic Samba4 setup on the AD DCs.

Rowland