[Samba] Samba Version 4.0.7 replace netlogon: /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/my.domain/scripts

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Thu Aug 22 06:20:19 MDT 2013

I did fix this:
In [global]
Set:
follow symlinks = yes
        wide links = yes
        unix extensions = no

As with Samba 3

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24
72076 Tübingen

Tel.: 07071/206-463, Fax: 07071/206-499
eMail: mueller at tropenklinik.de
Internet: www.tropenklinik.de

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Daniel Müller [mailto:mueller at tropenklinik.de]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. August 2013 13:47
An: 'samba at lists.samba.org'
Betreff: Samba Version 4.0.7 replace netlogon:
/usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/my.domain/scripts

Dear all,
Im testing samba4 and replacing the [nelogon] directory:
What I have done yet:
Deleted the original scripts directory from
/usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/my.domain/scripts
Set a link to a new place : ln -s /mnt/glusterfs/ads/scripts
/usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/my.domain/
When I search  my samba server using network neighborhood clicking on
"netlogon" I am successful reaching the share.
But If I try \\mysambaserver\sysvol\my.domain\scripts I get a access
denied!?
Both folders are the same !?
How can I set the right permissions on the new [netlogon] and
\\mysambaserver\sysvol\my.domain\scripts?

Daniel

eMail: mueller at tropenklinik.de
Internet: www.tropenklinik.de