[Samba] AIX 6.1 Problem with module WINBIND

COUAILLET Herve [EIFFAGE] Herve.COUAILLET at eiffage.com
Wed Aug 21 08:19:11 MDT 2013

Hello,

I'm new on this list, here's  the problem we are experiencing :

We have installed pware61-64.samba.3.6.0.0.bff.gz on an Aix partition running on 6100-06-05-1115.

We have succeeded in entering the system in our AD.

We can reach the domain : commands /opt/pware/bin/wbinfo -a USERNAME is correct.

The problem is that lsuser -R WINBIND don't work : message "User  does not exist".

I think our system parameters are ok :

. cat /opt/pware/lib/smb.conf

[global]
        security = ads
        realm = XXXX.LOC
        password server = *
        workgroup = XXXX
        idmap uid = 2000000-3000000
        idmap gid = 2000000-3000000
        winbind use default domain = yes
        log level = 3
        template shell = /usr/bin/ksh
        server string = Domaine Eiffage
        winbind nested groups = yes
        winbind offline logon = true
        interfaces = en1 lo0
        preferred master = false
        auth methods = winbind
        domain master = no
        local master = no
        preferred master = no
        winbind enum users = no
        winbind enum groups = no

. cat /etc/methods.cfg

NIS:
        program = /usr/lib/security/NIS
        program_64 = /usr/lib/security/NIS_64

DCE:
        program = /usr/lib/security/DCE

WINBIND:
                program_64 = /usr/lib/security/WINBIND_64

. ls -l /usr/lib/security/WINBIND_64
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     system           33 Aug 20 11:54 /usr/lib/security/WINBIND_64 -> /opt/pware64/lib/security/WINBIND
. ls -l /opt/pware64/lib/security/WINBIND
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     system       427188 Aug  9 2011  /opt/pware64/lib/security/WINBIND

. file /opt/pware64/lib/security/WINBIND
/opt/pware64/lib/security/WINBIND: 64-bit XCOFF executable or object module not stripped

. I have the line "SYSTEM = "files or WINBIND" in the "Default" bloc in the file /etc/security/user

Does anyone has an idea, any idea would be very welcome ...

Thank you in advance

Hervé Couaillet

Cet e-mail et ses éventuelles pièces jointes peuvent
contenir des informations confidentielles et sont exclusivement adressés au(x)
destinataire(s) mentionné(s) ci-dessus. Toute diffusion, exploitation ou copie
sans autorisation de cet e-mail et de ses pièces jointes est strictement
interdite. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le détruire et d'
avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur. EIFFAGE décline toute responsabilité si ce
message a été modifié ou falsifié.

This message and any attachments may contain confidential information and
are established exclusively for his or its recipients. Any use of this message,
for which it was not intended, any distribution or any total or partial
publication is prohibited unless previously approved. If you receive this
message in error, please destroy it and immediately notify the sender thereof.
The EIFFAGE Group declines all responsibility concerning this message if it has
been altered or tampered with.