[Samba] Add Win2008R2 DC to Samba4 domain

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Aug 20 21:42:55 MDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-08-20 at 10:30 -0500, Kristofer Pettijohn wrote:
> Has anyone successfully added a Win2008R2 DC to a Samba4 domain?
>
> The issue I am encountering is the sysvol/netlogon shares are not
> created. I can manually create them and copy files, but as soon as I
> demote/forcefully remove the Samba4 server, the Win2008R2 server
> refuses to serve requests for the domain. I cannot even manage it
> through ADUC.

Indeed, you will need to replicate the sysvol and netlogon shares
manually, we simply don't support those replication protocols at this
point.

In terms of the Win2008R2 server not taking over the Samba domain,
perhaps DNS is not configured on that DC, or the DNS configuration for
the domain was stored in the replicated database (the bind9 flat file
solution).

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett