[Samba] share permissions

Kevin Field kev at brantaero.com
Thu Aug 15 21:44:30 MDT 2013

I have a share setup on a Samba 4.0.8 / CentOS 6.4 box that is
successfully replicating with a W2K3 server.  I'm following the HOWTO
here: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_and_configure_file_shares

[mytest]
	path = /home/me/mytestshare <-- with or without trailing slash
	read only = No

On the W2K3 box, I can browse to \\newdc and I see my test share listed
there.  I can also see it if I connect to newdc in Computer Management.
  However, what I can't get from either of those places is a Security
tab if I right-click the share and go to Properties.  There's a Share
Permissions tab in CM only that says that Everyone has Full Control.
Despite that, if I try to double-click the share in Explorer, I get:

---------------------------
\\newdc
---------------------------
\\newdc\mytest is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find
out if you have access permissions.

Access is denied.

OK

My account has all privileges I can think of, including the
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege as laid out in the HOWTO.

Even if I chmod 777 /home/me/mytestshare I get this error.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Kev