[Samba] Samba4 Backup DC DNS Issues

abruce at tumnus.co.nz abruce at tumnus.co.nz
Tue Aug 13 04:09:59 MDT 2013

Hi,

I’m having issues with Samba4 as a backup DC on a Windows server domain.

The Linux machine (on CentOS 6.4) and a compiled version of Samba 4.0.7 has joined the domain fine, and I’ve manually added the DNS entries as required.

I’ve attempted this with both a BIND backend and the internal backend, but both times I’ve run into problems with DNS updates.

When using the internal database and running the samba_dnsupdate tool, I get TSIG errors: TSIG error with server: tsig verify failed.

When I’m using BIND, I get TKEY is unacceptable errors.

I’ve tried most of the suggestions I can find through Google, but no success.  I am at a bit of a loss.

I’ve definitely ensured that selinux and iptables are disabled, I’ve re-setup everything from scratch several times following the guides on the wiki site to the letter, deleted and rejoined the DC (delete computer account on Windows side, delete smb.conf and dns.keytab file on CentOS side, and re-setup), plus a few other things I can’t recall (permissions based mainly).

This is running in a lab environment, so I’m happy to play around with this as much as required in order to get it working.  I can also provide whatever logs and messages asked for.

Is anyone able to give me a bit of hand with troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks,

Andrew