[Samba] Samba4 Using AD/UNIX attributes for home directory and shell not possible?

Markus Gillmeister markus.gillmeister at gmx.de
Tue Aug 13 02:06:12 MDT 2013

Steve, thanks a lot, I finally got sssd (version 1.8.4) on debian wheezy
working with samba 4 (Version 4.0.8-SerNet-Debian-5.wheezy)!

But one last question regarding unix attributes in the AD stays:  I noticed
that uidnumber/gid... is not written back to the active directory when
creating a user or group. I set "idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes" in my
smb.conf, but it seems that samba-tool is ignoring this.  Is this a bug?

At http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2013/04/sssd-in-samba-40.html I
see a script that wraps around the "samba-tool" when creating a user. After
creating it asks winbind for uid/gid and writes these information back to
AD. This seems fine as workaround but it would be nice if samba-tool does
this out-of-the-box or?