[Samba] SAMBA4 High CPU Performance

Ashok Kumar J ashok.jagathesan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 23:36:48 MDT 2013

Hi,

   I taken the replication form the windows 2008 DC. And it is successful
by getting some issues faced on joing the samba DC. After i used the ps aux
command to see the output of the samba instance. suddenly it shows 90% of
CPU consumption.  During the sync rep from the windows DC, i can not
connect with the winbind client. Then i remove the sync with windows DC
rep, then the sync is not happening with the windows DC and the CPU
percentage also come down. Now I can easily join the winbind clients. So it
ensures that if it is high CPU percentage then the winbind is not able to
connect with the samba DC.  How i can control the CPU consumption and sync
rep from windows DC.

--
with regards

Ashok Kumar J