[Samba] How to use --simple-bind-dn in samba-tool

Olivier Nicole olivier2553 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 21:43:13 MDT 2013

Thank's Andrew,

> For the record, for other non-AD servers that don't do SASL and so can't
> use -U, --simple-bind-dn takes a DN, so cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com might
> be the admin DN on an OpenLDAP server.

I tried:

  samba-tool user setpassword tata --newpassword=Ghij-1919 -d 10 -H
ldap://fbsd35.cs.ait.ac.th/
--simple-bind-dn=cs=administrator,dc=cs,dc=ait,dc=ac,dc=th

But it is still giving me the same error, so I suspect the DN is not correct.

I could not find any documentation saying what the DN should be.

Best regards,

Olivier