[Samba] samba4 + winbind did not work

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Sun Aug 11 16:15:13 MDT 2013

Hello Darek,

Am 11.08.2013 23:02, schrieb Darek Frączkiewicz:
> I have install samba4 on debian whezzy 64-bit  All is working OK, but now I
> try to add qoutas to users and this tutorial did not working
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/Winbind

have a look at this HowTo
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/Domain_Member
This one works fine here.

I'm not sure about the other one. I haven't compared them. I'll merge
the two HowTos the next time, when I have time.

* Are your DC and your member both running Samba 4?

* Do you run your DC as AD DC or NT4-style DC?

* If you are retrieving the xIDs via rfc2307, have you filled the unix
tab in ADUC for the users/groups?

Regards,
Marc