[Samba] security.NTACL Not Being Set Using LXC Containers

chris.hayes at proporta.com chris.hayes at proporta.com
Thu Aug 8 15:28:46 MDT 2013

Hi,

My Samba 3.6.6 file server isn't setting the security.NTACL extended
attribute. It can set the user.DOSATTRIB without any issue. This appears
to be an LXC container issue, as outside the container I can set this
using the setfattr command without issue, whereas I can't do this
inside.

Despite this not being a Samba issue, I was wondering whether anybody
has any encountered problems like this; and whether anyone could offer
me their experience or advice?

Thanks,
Chris Hayes