[Samba] Managing a Samba4 AD DC using a Win7 workstation

Emmanuel Lesouef e.lesouef at crbn.fr
Thu Aug 8 06:10:28 MDT 2013

Le Mon, 5 Aug 2013 08:57:59 +0200,
Emmanuel Lesouef <e.lesouef at crbn.fr> a écrit :

> Le Fri, 2 Aug 2013 16:52:56 +0200,
> Georg Bretschneider <georg+mailinglists.samba at georgb.de> a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > are you sure you started the management software as a domain admin?
> > (You know, right click and then "start as".) Since you joined your
> > client to the AD, there shouldn't be a problem. Can you resolve the
> > domain name?
> >

> > Bye
> > Georg
>
> Hi Georg.
>
> Yes I launched the management software as a domain admin because I'm
> logged in the Win7 workstation as the domain administrator account.
>
> I can also resole and ping the domain controller.
>
> Thanks for your help.

I did some more tests. I can join the Samba4 domain with windows2008R2
and 2012. I can open a session with the domain administrator account on
them.

But impossible to connect to the Samba4 AD controller using the server
manager. It still complains about not being able to connect to the
server.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

--
Emmanuel Lesouef