[Samba] samba4 and squid with NTLM auth

Eugene M. Zheganin eugene at zhegan.in
Thu Aug 8 02:51:48 MDT 2013

Hi.

On 08.08.2013 11:33, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Certainly this looks like an missing NULL terminator, if if it as you
> describe.  Can you operate ntlm_auth manually (operate one ntlm_auth in
> client mode, another in squid-2.5-ntlmssp mode and copy the blobs back
> and forth), and demonstrate it?  This will avoid all the complexity of
> squid, and help isolate the issue.

I surely can, but right now I have no idea about how to do this. I
understood that I should run two helpers with different protocols, and
then copy tokens/challenges between them, but ntlm_auth kinda lacks
documentation about protocol sequence.

Could you please give me an example of the sequence, or at least me
point me to some decent article, as googling didn't give me any useful
information.

Thanks.
Eugene.