[Samba] Samba 4 as member server

Klaus Rörig kroerig at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 01:21:25 MDT 2013

Hi Steve,

when I start samba without the 'server services' optinion I get:

"At this time the 'samba' binary should only be used for either: 'server
role = active directory domain controller' or to access the ntvfs file
server with 'server services= +smb' oder the rpc proxy with 'dcerpc
endpoint servers = remote'
You should start start smbd/nmbd/winbindd instead for domain member an
standalone file server tasks"

But there are no smb/nmbd/winbindd binaries.

Klaus