[Samba] Suggestions testing Samba 4 on same subnet as Standalone Samba 3 Server

schmerold2 at gmail.com schmerold2 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 07:21:46 MDT 2013

To access server on new subnet: assign static IP & adjust the subnet
mask on your testing workstation(s). Your production workstation will
not see the new server, the testing workstations will have no trouble
seeing both servers. If you change your router's subnet mask & testing
server's subnet mask, the new server will be able to access Internet for
updates & software installation purposes.

A subnet mask calculator will help, my favorite:
http://ccna.exampointers.com/sub.php