[Samba] Samba4 home share problem

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Mon Apr 29 23:56:31 MDT 2013

Need to be: [home] not [homes]

And you are up and running

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24
72076 Tübingen

Tel.: 07071/206-463, Fax: 07071/206-499
eMail: mueller at tropenklinik.de
Internet: www.tropenklinik.de
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: samba-bounces at lists.samba.org [mailto:samba-bounces at lists.samba.org] Im
Auftrag von Csányi Krisztián
Gesendet: Samstag, 23. März 2013 20:34
An: samba at lists.samba.org
Betreff: [Samba] Samba4 home share problem

 Hi,

 I have installed Samba4 and the home share functionality is not  working.

 Samba version: 4.0.1
 OS: Debian Squeeze
 Kernel: 2.6.32-5-amd64

 The smb.conf:
 [global]
         workgroup = TESZT
         realm = TESZT.HU
         netbios name = FILESERVER
         server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc,  drepl,
winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
         load printers = no
         printing = bsd
         printcap name = /dev/null
         show add printer wizard = no
         disable spoolss = yes
         log level = 3
         syslog = 3
         syslog only = yes
         logon path =
 #       logon home = \\fileserver\homes\%U
         logon drive = H:
         logon script = %U.cmd

 [netlogon]
         path =
 /opt/samba4/var/lib/samba/sysvol/fileserver.teszt.hu/scripts
         read only = No

 [sysvol]
         path = /opt/samba4/var/lib/samba/sysvol
         read only = No

 [homes]
         path = /home
         read only = no

 After a net use h: /home command on client I get this:
 System error 53 has occured. The network path was not found.

 The user I try: Administrator and the client OS is Windows XP Pro.
 I think the rights on the server are ok.
 When I try to set the home for Administrator in AD I get the answer:
 The system could not create the startfolder
(\\fileserver\homes\Administrator),
 because can't find path.

 Is there anybody who can use this functionality?

 Please help.

 Thanks for the replies.

 Chris