[Samba] [samba4] Users can't change password from the server

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Apr 28 03:34:42 MDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-04-28 at 03:50 +0200, Dirbaio Minikiwi wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've installed Samba 4.0.4 from source on an Ubuntu Server 12.04 machine.
> I've configured it as an AD DC following the instructions here:
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO
> Then I configured Winbind following the instructions here:
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/Winbind
>
> Users can now login through SSH to the server and access their files and
> it's all working fine.
> But users can't change their password.

That codepath is just not implemented in the winbind we use in the AD
DC.  (One of the many reasons it needs to be replaced).

Instead, have your users connect to a member server, rather than the DC
(which shouldn't really have user interactive logins anyway, as a matter
of network hygiene).

Sorry,

Andrew Bartlett