[Samba] nmbd broken in Centos 6.4

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 16:57:05 MDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Moray Henderson <
Moray.Henderson at ict-software.org> wrote:

> CentOS 6.4 appears to have been shipped with a broken Samba 3.6.  The new
> NMBDSOCKETDIR option defaults to /var/nmbd, which of course is an invalid
> directory and should not be created[1].  While hopefully they can fix it
> with an option to their configure script at build time, could Samba itself
> provide better defaults so that new options like this don't take OS
> developers by surprise?

Thee are also the samba3x packages, which are a much more recent version,
and now the samba4x are getting much more current. In fact, if you want to
play with samba-4.0.5, I'd appreciate your tests of my Samba 4.0.5 backport
from Fedora to RHEL at https://github.com/nkadel/samba-4.0.5-srpm. I've
also got all the other necessary build components, like updated
libtevent libtalloc and hooks for an updated yum repository to support
them, at https://github.com/nkadel/.