[Samba] (no subject)

Andreas Calvo flipy.bcn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 09:33:25 MDT 2013

I had a test environment with a few hundreds of users using Windows 7 under
a samba 3 domain.
They had the registry tweaks required to join a samba 3 domain.
I followed the classicupgrade migration to samba 4 and everything seemed to
be ok.

In my scenario I have a DNS server different from the samba server, and the
DNS server forwards all queries to my samba domain to the samba server.
The samba server is also acting as a NTP server, and the option ntp-servers
on DHCP is specified.

Some users see a pop-up requesting to log off and log in again - with a
"windows need your credentials" message.
Moreover, they seem to not have any kerberos ticket  - running a klist
shows no active tickets; and they do not have the time synchronized and
sometimes they see a message regarding the time mismatch.
We tried to set up a NTP time using GPOs without luck.

Looking at the samba logs doesn't give a clue - just some errors which may
be normal.

Any hint to look at or any configuration/misconfiguration?

Thanks!