[Samba] DNS questions

Peter Beck peter at datentraeger.li
Tue Apr 23 01:05:27 MDT 2013

Hi there,

When adding an additional Samba4 domain controller to an existing
Windows domain,
it is (as far as I know) not possible to use bind for DNS. Is that correct ?

Is it possible to change to Bind after adding the domain controller ?

Or a more generic question: are there any tasks to reconfigure DNS
(for example if there are issues). A non-working DNS is the "most scary
thing" to me...

I've did some test scenarios adding a Samba4 dc to an existing domain, then
demoting the windows server and usually most of my issues were DNS
related -
it was working but somehow I was unable to add new records...

Hope someone can give me a hint...or an idea to prevent such issues...

Thanks and best Regards
Peter