[Samba] Migration Samba to AD

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Wed Apr 17 14:31:36 MDT 2013

Am 17.04.2013 19:49, schrieb Julian:
>>> I have a pdc samba 3+openldap+debian 5 and I need to migrate the ad
>>> windows (2003,2008 or 2012). How can I do this?
>>>

>> Have you already started with the AD howto (http://wiki.samba.org/index.**
>> php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO <http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO>).
>> There is also a s3 migration howto linked.
 >

 > yes i've readed many times was useful but  I'm still having
 >
 > # samba-tool fsmo seize --role=rid
 > Attempting transfer...
 > FSMO transfer of 'rid' role successful
 > ERROR: Failed to initiate role seize of 'rid' role: objectclass:
 > modify message must have elements/attributes!

Maybe I misunderstood your short origin post.

What exactly you want to do? Migrate a samba 3 PDC to samba 4 AD. Or
migrate a windows DC to samba AD? If last, then you need a samba 4
installation, because samba 3 can only be a AD member server and no DC.

What are you running currently and to which system you want to migrate?

Regards,
Marc