[Samba] samba4 internal dns update

Nick Semenkovich semenko at alum.mit.edu
Wed Apr 17 10:03:24 MDT 2013

Hey Cristian:

This sounds exactly like the issue I had, documented in:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2013-April/172611.html

When computers are first joined, it appears as though samba sets *static*
DNS entries for them, even though their IPs are likely to change.

I haven't yet had a chance to check the proposed fixes (either
deleting/updating the entries via the Windows DNS console, or setting each
client to update their DNS).

The DNS settings is called "Register this connection's addresses in DNS"
and looks like:
http://imgur.com/B33UYhI

Not sure if this is a bug -- seems odd, since many clients are DHCP
assigned.

- Nick