[Samba] Samba4 fails to work following upgrade - library version errors

Graeme Porter graeme.porter at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 17 05:41:45 MDT 2013

The symlinks were made by entering:

ln /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba /usr/bin/samba
ln /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbclient /usr/bin/smbclient

I realise this isn't the correct way of doing things (obviously the correct way would be to update the system PATH environment variable), but at the same time I can't see why it's a bad idea.  Unless something happens to the symlink that I wasn't expecting when the file it is linking to is removed or altered?

Kind regards
Graeme