[Samba] migrating from samba3+openldap+autofs to samba4 AD DC?

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 18:10:04 MDT 2013

Id think the standard migration guide
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/samba-tool/domain/classicupgrade/HOWTO
on
a test vm to work out any 'kinks' would be a good start, but you can't
really sync it with openldap I don't think. However, most applications have
been written to where you can use them against AD, so, I'd google around
and ensure that everything you use for ldap auth, can actually be used with
AD (look for MS AD, most websites aren't aware of Samba AD, but they should
auth the exact same way). If you have any problems or questions, let us
know.

Ricky