[Samba] tests failing on Debian Squeeze

Geoff Crompton geoffc at trinity.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Apr 14 04:22:38 MDT 2013

On 14/04/13 06:48, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> On 04/12/2013 05:11 PM, Geoff Crompton wrote:
>> FAILED (318 failures, 7 errors and 0 unexpected successes in 431
>> testsuites)
>>
>> A summary with detailed information can be found in:
>>    ./st/summary
>> ERROR: test failed with exit code 1
>> make: *** [test] Error 1
>>

>> How important is it for all the tests to pass? Should I just press on
>> with a 'sudo make install'?
>>
> No it's ok but in the same time if you could file a bug for each failing
> test so that we can start to have a look at fixing them.

Hi Matthieu,

Thanks for your response. The summary suggests there are over 300 failed
tests. Do you really want over 300 bug submissions? If so, I'll have to
work out how to automate that (maybe with
https://github.com/LegNeato/bztools).

What kind of extra information is useful along with these bug reports?
I'm assuming on each one you'd want the relevant section of the
./st/summary file, and mention the environment it was run in
(distribution, installed packages and their versions). Is there a script
in the samba tree to extract from the system this summary?

Cheers,
Geoff