[Samba] Samba ads member

Felipe samba at dncom.de
Sat Apr 13 12:45:04 MDT 2013

Hi,

I have few Problems with a Samba 3.6.7,
The first is if the Windows is shut down over the night they can't autificate on the next day.

[2013/04/13 13:03:10.538406,  2] auth/auth.c:319(check_ntlm_password)
  check_ntlm_password:  Authentication for user [jefe] -> [jefe] FAILED with error NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USE

After I restart winbindd it works up to the next morning.

Sometimes we have few Problems with looking our users saying, that every second day can open a document only in read-only-mode then from an another client is the same they have to save the changes in a new name delete the old name and rename the changes file to the old name

[global]
log level = 2
realm = ed.xxx.de
security = ADS
encrypt passwords = yes
client use spnego = yes
workgroup = ED
netbios name = DATENSERVER
wins support = yes
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
winbind separator = +
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
winbind use default domain = yes

 we use folder redirection with gpo in windows server 2008 r2 and windows 7 clients
on \\DATENSERVER\Profiles\username

[profiles]
path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
browsable = no
read only = no
create mode = 0600
directory mode = 0700
force group = domänen-benutzer
veto files = /$RECYCLE.BIN/desktop.ini/

our shares looking like that

[Studio]
path = /var/lib/samba/studio
browsable = yes
read only = no
create mode = 0660
directory mode = 0770
force create mode = 0060
force directory mode = 0070
force group = domänen-benutzer
valid users = administrator @ED+geschaeftsleitung

whith posibility have I to set posix acls from the windows clients?

Felipe