[Samba] Printing defaults and registry.tdb

Jim Potter jimchuffff at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 12 03:34:30 MDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm still having problems with certain print drivers with samba displaying
the defaults/preferences differently (==wrongly) from a samba share
comapred with a windows share (driver in question is HP universal 32bit,
but i also trouble with a load of other drivers such as all Ricoh PCL6 I've
tried).

I'm now pretty sure its to do with how the settings are saved in
registry.tdb - comparing the tdb entries with the matching entries on a
windows print server there are differences.

Is there any documentation on how stuff is stored in registry.tdb? I really
need to get this working. I assume its a bug in there somewhere and I'd
really like to fix it, so any help would be great. Do I need to get onto
the samba-technical list for this?

cheers

Jim