[Samba] Version?

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 21:17:20 MDT 2013

Bill apt-get purge would be a better option, other than that, make sure
that /usr/local/samba/bin and sbin are first in your path and all should be
well still... add the following line to /root/.bashrc at the very end:

export PATH=/usr/local/samba/sbin:/usr/local/samba/bin:$PATH

then as root do a `. /root/.bashrc` and try `samba -V` again.

(you can also add that export line to any of your users .bashrc)

Ricky