[Samba] Version?

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Thu Apr 11 16:14:22 MDT 2013

Am 11.04.2013 23:30, schrieb Bill Wilken:
> After removing all existing Samba folders, I downloaded,compiled, and
> provisioned Samba 4.0.5 under Ubuntu 12.04 desktop.  But when I check for
> version (samba ­V or samba ‹version), samba responds with ³Version
> 4.0.0alpha18²  Am I missing something?

I don't know Ubuntu. But I guess your distribution maybe was shipped
with that old version. And when you compile samba, you installed it e.
g. to /usr/local/samba, what isn't in the path by default (or you added
it to the end of your path variable). So the binary shipped with your
distribution is executed instead of the one in /usr/local/samba.

Regards,
Marc