[Samba] Weird, sudden 3.4 problem.

Don Krause dkrause at optivus.com
Thu Apr 11 11:44:11 MDT 2013

We've had basically no issues with an older samba 3.4 installation working with Win 7, but suddenly this morning, "homes" shares are acting strange.

I can create new folders, I can create new documents. However, any attempt to rename the newly created file gives me access denied problems.

I can edit and save the file if it's text, from notepad, but Word and Excel documents fail to save with access denied. GVIM has no problems creating
backup files, Word creates tmp files ok.

Other, non-home shares are working as expected.

I did restart samba, reboot the server, restart the win 7 clients, no change. This has worked for more than 2 years. Suggestions?

Thanks!
--
Don Krause