[Samba] Internal LDAP explanation
eric.peyremorte at iut-valence.fr
Thu Apr 11 11:22:49 MDT 2013
Hi there !
I've read many documentation today but i can't understand samba 4
internal ldap server.
I'm currently using samba3 with openldap backend.
I'm considering using samba4 as my new domain controller in ADS mode.
I have few questions :
- Can i connect to the new ldap server from a remote machine (
ldapsearch on port 389 ) ? If no why ?
- So, can i connect pam for linux users to this internal ldap, and can i
still continue to use this ldap server for both windows / linux auth ?
- Shall i use ldapsam:tdb://something ?
- Can we have posix attributes like userPassword in there ?
- I've read that we do not need to have linux user account for samba
user account : it's not mandatory isn't it ?
I sorry, i've read all i can but can find a clear explanation on that...
/Technicien informatique - IUT de Valence/
More information about the samba