[Samba] Samba4 member of an another « Samba4 » domain

François Lafont flafdivers at free.fr
Wed Apr 10 17:14:56 MDT 2013

Le 10/04/2013 06:59, Gémes Géza a écrit :
> You should check rfc2307 on the samba AD, if your users do not have
> uidNumber gidNumber attributes they are going to be ignored by the
> winbind daemon if you specify rfc2307 schema mode on the domain member.

If I have understood, when I don't use rfc2307 in the dc server (this is
the default) and if I don't use rfc2307 in the member server with this
config:

# No refer to "rfc2307".

[global]
    workgroup = CHEZMOI
    security = ADS
    realm = CHEZMOI.PRIV
    encrypt passwords = yes
    idmap config *:backend = tdb
    idmap config *:range = 70001-80000

    winbind trusted domains only = no
    winbind use default domain = yes
    winbind enum users  = yes
    winbind enum groups = yes

It seems to work well, but the uid and the gid of the domain accounts
are different between the dc and the member. And if I use the rfc2307,
then it's possible to have the same uid and gid on the dc and the
member. Is it correct ?

For the moment, I don't succeed in the use "rfc2307" with a dc and a
member. Without "rfc2307", I think It works well with:

1. For the dc:

[global]
        workgroup = CHEZMOI
        realm = CHEZMOI.PRIV
        netbios name = WHEEZY-SERVER
        dns forwarder = 212.27.40.241

[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/chezmoi.priv/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        read only = No

2. And for the member:

[global]
    workgroup = CHEZMOI
    security = ADS
    realm = CHEZMOI.PRIV
    encrypt passwords = yes
    idmap config *:backend = tdb
    idmap config *:range = 70001-80000

    winbind trusted domains only = no
    winbind use default domain = yes
    winbind enum users  = yes
    winbind enum groups = yes

It works well (imho), but, for each account, the uid/gid are different
between the dc and the member, and I don't like it.

When I try to use "rfc2307", it doesn't work for me (but I should make
mistakes). For example, I have tried this:

1. On the dc server:

# samba-tool domain provision --realm=CHEZMOI.PRIV --domain=CHEZMOI
--server-role=dc --dns-backend=SAMBA_INTERNAL --adminpass='+toto123'
--use-rfc2307

that creates this smb.conf:

[global]
        workgroup = CHEZMOI
        realm = CHEZMOI.PRIV
        netbios name = WHEEZY-SERVER
        dns forwarder = 212.27.40.241
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/chezmoi.priv/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        read only = No

Next, I use winbind in nsswitch.conf in order to resolv the uid/gid -->
names.

2. On the member, I edit this smb.conf file (found here
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/Domain_Member#Setting_up_a_basic_smb.conf):

[global]
   workgroup = CHEZMOI
   security = ADS
   realm = CHEZMOI.PRIV
   encrypt passwords = yes
   idmap config *:backend = tdb
   idmap config *:range = 70001-80000
   idmap config CHEZMOI:backend = ad
   idmap config CHEZMOI:schema_mode = rfc2307
   idmap config CHEZMOI:range = 500-40000
   winbind nss info = rfc2307
   winbind trusted domains only = no
   winbind use default domain = yes
   winbind enum users  = yes
   winbind enum groups = yes

and I join the server with "net ads join" (next I use winbind too in
nsswitch.conf).

Next, I create a account in the dc (samba-tool user add test1
--random-password) and, under a Windows station, I edit this account
with dsa.msc and I set:
- the UID attribute in the "Unix attributes" tab
- the GID attribute in the "Unix attributes" tab

But, the dc and the member seems to ignore this value and, for example,
with "getent passwd" the uid/gid are different for each user between the
dc and the member.

If you are advices or links to install dc and member so that the uid/gid
are the same between the dc and the member,  It interest me very much. :-)

Thanks in advance.
PS: and very sorry for my poor english.

--
François Lafont