[Samba] missing libgnutls.so.26

Phil Quesinberry philq at qsystemsengineering.com
Tue Apr 9 13:10:46 MDT 2013

No I didn't do that... honest.

I did a yum remove of python26 which also removes python26-devel and
python26-libs and went around the system cleaning up leftover copies of the
python 2.6 executable.  After that I re-installed the above packages and
pdbedit worked once again.

Then I did a make uninstall of samba, make clean, git clean -d -f -x,
removed the prefix directory (/usr/local/samba), re-patched and rebuilt it
again with the install_with_python script.  Once I did that, pdbedit gave me
the gnutls error again.

So I did a bit of looking around and one very interesting thing I noticed is
that /usr/local/samba/lib no longer has the libgnutls files (prefix is
/usr/local/samba).  It has a bunch of other library files but significantly
fewer than in the original lib directory.  I have an old backup of that
directory from a previous install so I was able to determine that they had
been there once before.  I'm not sure why the installer is no longer putting
the files there.

I didn't expect this to work but just as a test I tried copying those files
over from my old backup of samba/lib and I then got a bunch of version not
found errors like this when trying to run pdbedit:
pdbedit: /usr/local/samba/lib/private/libsamdb-common.so: version
`SAMBA_4.0.5_GIT_9EC44D4' not found (required by
/usr/local/samba/lib/libsamba-credentials.so.0)
pdbedit: /usr/local/samba/lib/private/libcliauth.so: version
`SAMBA_4.0.5_GIT_9EC44D4' not found (required by
/usr/local/samba/lib/libsamba-credentials.so.0)
pdbedit: /usr/local/samba/lib/private/libldbsamba.so: version
`SAMBA_4.0.5_GIT_9EC44D4' not found (required by
/usr/local/samba/lib/libsamba-credentials.so.0)
pdbedit: /usr/local/samba/lib/private/libauthkrb5.so: version
`SAMBA_4.0.5_GIT_9EC44D4' not found (required by
/usr/local/samba/lib/libsamba-credentials.so.0)
pdbedit: /usr/local/samba/lib/private/libsamba-security.so: version
`SAMBA_4.0.5_GIT_9EC44D4' not found (required by
/usr/local/samba/lib/libndr-krb5pac.so.0)

- Phil