[Samba] (D)DNS Updates with GNU/Linux clients in a samba 4 AD environment (BIND_DLZ)

Olivier BILHAUT o.bilhaut at fondation-misericorde.fr
Tue Apr 9 02:09:01 MDT 2013

Hi !

I bounce on the Mr Sloop's post ([Samba] DDNS / DHCPd && Internal DNS or
BIND_DLZ) to ask what's the easiest way to allow Linux clients to update
themself their DNS record in the Samba4 AD server (with BIND_DLZ Dns
server).

It works well with windows clients, but with Linux clients joined to the
domain, with a valid Kerberos ticket, the client receive a error
"ERROR_DNS_INVALID_MESSAGE" and the famous "DNS update failed!" message.

Is there a hack ? Thanks in advance.
--
Olivier