[Samba] getent group and net ads user info differs

Cristian Saavedra csg at asualcance.com
Thu Apr 4 08:45:12 MDT 2013

Hello

I have a samba 4.0.3 pdc and a samba 3.5.10 as a fileserver and i am  having an issue that i like to share with you.

I have a share son the samba 3 setup like this

[Comercial]
        browsable = Yes
        comment = Comercial
        path = /shares2/Comercial
        valid users = @Ingenieria, @Mercadeo, @Comercial, @SIIF, @Costos, administrador, backup
        write list = @Comercial, @Mercadeo, @Ingenieria, administrador, claudiavillegas, manuelaparicio
        read list = @Comercial, @SIIF, , at Almacen, @Costos, @Uruguay, @Ingenieria, backup
        force create mode = 666
        force directory mode = 777
	veto files = /*.exe/*.com/*.dll/*.mp3/*.bat/

As you can see the Comercial group is authorized to read and write, so i have this user lisanyurimicolta she is on the Comercial group:

[root at srvfs audit]# net ads user info lisanyurimicolta
Domain Users
TerminalServer
politicas3
SIIF
Comercial
[root at srvfs audit]#

srvfs is my samba 3.x server, but then she can't write on the share, so i'm executing a getent group to validate that she is on that group for the winbind, but i get this

[root at srvfs audit]# getent group comercial
comercial:*:16777233:claralibreros,christiancano,danilocampo,anabedoya,guillerminagarcia,humbertocardona,marthamurillo,pruebas,yoancanabal,andreasaa,adrianazapata,jhonrealpe,maryamgamboa,jassonaperador,adolfotrullo,christhianjimenez,mariaguerrero,mariomunera,mauricioperdomo,melbaorejuela,paolagomez,richardordonez,ginagarces,juanagudelo,adrianalopez,andrespossu,dianaolano,yulymejia,edwinyepes,jenniferbazantes,ronaldduque,maribelgomez,linabanol,lauramulcue,johncastillo,luzgallego,giovannysotomayor,andresgutierrez,arlexcardona,jonathangaviria,victorianavia,andrescampino

Why is this happening? any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.