[Samba] Samba 4 Packaging Issues

Mike Ray mray at xes-inc.com
Thu Apr 4 08:26:43 MDT 2013

Jelmer-

Unfortunately not, I am still unable to get the 4.0.3 package to build successfully due to the aforementioned error. I have yet to try a different version as I think this to be a problem with my packaging attempts, not with anything within that version of samba.

As I'm new to this, I've been poking around for even just beginner tutorials on the whole 'debianization' of packages in the hopes that maybe I made an obvious slip-up. This has also not yielded anything particularly helpful.

I think the problem probably has to do with me attempting to use the --bundled-libraries option in the rules. As I understand it, --bundled-libraries incorporates libraries into the package itself so that the package need not rely on system libraries. This seemed like a safe way to ensure that (even if for however unlikely) once the package built successfully, it would *always* be functional.

If I've gone astray in that thinking or you have some advice for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for responding,
Mike Ray