[Samba] Samba Upgrade 3.0.33 to 3.6.13.

Rodney Green rodgreen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 13:52:29 MDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM, TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com> wrote:
> From: Rodney Green <rodgreen at gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 08:27:57 -0400
>
>> My problem is that the SID to UID
>> mappings and permissions aren't carrying over to the new version.
>
> (snip)
>
>> Current config (3.0.33):
>>
>> [global]
>>
>>         workgroup = domain
>
> (snip)
>
>> winbind separator = +
>> idmap uid = 10000-20000
>> idmap gid = 10000-20000
>> New config (3.6.13):
>>
>> [global]
>> netbios name = test-samba
>> security = domain
>> realm = domain1.domain.com
>> password server = domain-server
>> idmap config * : backend = tdb
>> idmap config * : range = 10001-20000
>> idmap config domain : backend = rid
>> idmap config domain : range = 10000-20000
>> idmap config domain : base_rid = 0
>> workgroup = domain
> (snip)
>> encrypt passwords = yes
>> winbind use default domain = yes
>> restrict anonymous = 2
>> passdb backend = tdbsam
>
> Because you use default idmap (tdb) in Samba 3.0.33 and use idmap_rid for
> "domain" domain in Samba 3.6.13.
>
> If you use same mappings, use same winbindd_idmap.tdb file or manually set
> the mapping with using wbinfo command.
>
> ---
> TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com> / @damemonyo
>                    facebook.com/takahashi.motonobu

Thanks, Takahashi. That's seems to have gotten things working
properly. I noticed that the tdb files for 3.0.33 are in the
/var/cache/samba directory. I copied winbindd_idmap.tdb from
/var/cache/samba to /var/lib/samba and the mappings problem was
corrected.

Do you think I should copy all of the tdb files from /var/cache/samba
to /var/lib/samba?

Thanks again,
Rodney