[Samba] /var/samba/locks/smb_krb5/krb5.conf.DOM

Shaw, Kevin Kevin.Shaw at xerox.com
Wed Apr 3 09:52:52 MDT 2013

All,

I am running Solaris 10 and Samba 3.6.6. We use intelligent DNS and have more than 10 ADs. In /etc/krb5/krb5.conf I configure kdc and admin_server to point to the IDNS server so any one of our functioning ADs can be used dynamically. I've noticed that /var/samba/locks/smb_krb5/krb5.conf.DOM get created when net ads join is run. I've also noticed that the kdc is set to an IP address and appears to be dynamic. Can someone tell me what/how this file is controlled and if there are smb.conf settings to manually control this file?

TIA,
-Kevin