[Samba] Need Methods Around Anonymous LDAP Binding for User Auth

Khanh N. knshield-samba at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 2 12:52:08 MDT 2013

Thanks, for the reply.

I did read quite a few HowTo's about joing an AD and setup Samba that way.
 However, my company's IT department won't give out an LDAP binding user account
because of their security policies, hence I need the capabilities of anonymous
binding.

Half of my file-sharing project can be solved with SFTP over SSH.  WinSCP for
Windows is a nice client for it, even though is not well integrated to Windows
Explorer.

I'm still hoping there's a clever way around the issue.

Thanks,
-Khanh